Thursday, August 22, 2013

Of Music at Baywatch

I seem to live for Saturdays. They are the climax of my week. When Sunday comes I'm winding down. What's so special about Saturday? Baywatch Nights. Royan, Savio and I discovered it. But Royan and I haven't missed a single show since we began goin there. I don't even remember when. Last weekend there was fusion music. It was a band called 'Shanti'. There was a guy on sitar and there were drums and the bass guitar. The music was beautiful. I always loved the sound of the sitar, but hearing it this way made my skin crawl with pleasure. Then the guy on the guitar played the cello. It didn't look like the normal one, whose body looks like an enlarged violin. But this was an electric cello. It sounded so beautiful. He plucked the strings and he also played it with a bow. Lino used to play for a fusin band when I met him, he used to always ask me to come see him perform. I felt like it was an opportunity wasted. I would have fallen in love with the music even then.

Every Saturday it's different. The classical rock with Noel Da cunha was electrifying. It wasa pleasure to see Royan in his element. He exuded his enthusiam to all of us. He was even sending out waves to Noel who later came to thank him. He inspired him, he said. And after that with 'Electric Pulse', I was almost head- banging, but shyness overcame me and I kept myself in restraint. It was an enjoyable evening with us laughin at the funny drummer, who kept passing funny remarks. I think his name is Jonathan.

Other evenings were not as good, but they were relaxing. Even though on the Jazz night we had an argument ith a drunk woman about a chair.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Russell will be there. Will he enjoy it? His taste in music is weird. But it seems to be changing. We think there's a girl involved. Wink...wink!

No comments: